- I love having children close in age. kids were playing. Oscar was in the Pack ‘n Play standing up and Abby, who had been watching a Lego cartoon, was standing up next to the Pack ‘n Play. they are facing each other, giving Eskimo kisses and giggling. It was very sweet.They get along so well, at least at this point in time. Today as I was getting dressed for work I looked out my bedroom door down the hall to the living room where the kids were playing. Oscar was in the Pack ‘n Play standing up and Abby, who had been watching a Lego cartoon, was standing up next to the Pack ‘n Play. they are facing each other, giving Eskimo kisses and giggling. It was very sweet.
- I think one of the sweetest sounds in the world is hearing your baby say ‘mama.’ Until a couple days ago Oscar would only say it when he was angry (and, of course, say ‘dada’ all day long). Now he will say it in the car, when he is playing, when he is looking for me, or when he is wanting attention.
- Yesterday afternoon while I was at work I heard several voices in the hallway. I opened my office door and I could smell smoke. The smell was very strong. I asked everyone what was going on, as I had not heard a code red alert over the intercom (that means fire or fire drill). They told me that something was on fire outside. I went to another office that has windows and saw a large pillar of smoke coming from a couple blocks away. It turns out that there was a house fire and the family lost everything. I drove be the house last night on my way home and could not stop thinking about how sad it must be to have all of your belongings, a home you worked so hard for, and so many other things literally go up in smoke and be left without.
- Last night as I was putting my daughter to bed, I was laying with her and we were talking. She became still and very quiet and I thought she had fallen asleep. All of a sudden she said, “Mom, you are the best mom in the whole world.” and it just melted my heart.
- I made a playdate for Abby at McDonald’s Playplace for next Sunday. She misses her friends from daycare now that she and Iscar only go to Grandma and Grandpa’s house each day. I am hoping that maybe I will make a real mom friend out of it too. I don’t want to sound like a desperate weirdo, but I want a friend.
- I think morning has to be the most frustrating time of day. How is it possible that I can get up early, have the kids all ready on time, get in the shower early, and still leave the house late? Then, traffic is just ridiculous, and it is impossible to find a parking spot. I did not make it to work on time one day this week. Oh, if I could only have an unlimited supply of coffee and Xanax…
- I am so ready for fall weather. Bring on the cool days, sweaters, cozy blankets, falling leaves… Yesterday the temperature where I live was 94 degrees. It has been hot since May, come on already, Kansas. I am so sick of sweating all day long.